Subject: Re: Lightwave #1 Mixed feelings
From: Manuel Coats <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Kevin Bagley <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Lightwave List <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 09:48:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 26 Jul 1995 [email-masked] wrote:

> I received my Lightspeed #1 tape and would like to provide some
> feedback.
> Overall, I liked the tape and found it to contain much useful information.
> I am however, disappointed with the video/audio quality of the tape
> I received. Whoever is duplicating your tapes is not maintaining a very
> high quality control. The tape I received was barely viewable due to
> having to adjust tracking until the video was distorted in order to
> make the audio understandable.

This is a problem we have noted.  It seems some of the duplication 
houses's machines had TBC and audio sync errors.  We have been assured 
that this will not be the came with issue #2 which is slated for release 
in less in about 10 days.

> I would subscribe to the rest of the issues if I could be assured that
> the video / audio problems were resolved.

You can be assured that EVERYTHING about the video will get better as 
time goes on.  Look at issue #1 of just about anything... usually a lot 
different than the same product a year later.  There will be no 
difference with us.

Also keep in mind that we at Lightspeed do not produce the tutorials.  
They are scripted, shot and edited by the authors themselves, and are 
usually sent to us on SVHS or 3/4" tape.  Until the day that everybody 
can afford Betacam or non-linear recording equipment, we'll continue to 
receive tapes of lesser quality.  We have begun to use Betacam for OUR 
master tape to ensure we get the best quality possible out of an SVHS or 
3/4" tutorial tape.

> > I may be interested in producing a 
> segment for one of your issues. > What is the best way to proceed?

The way you are doing now.  I will forward the tuorial guidelines to you 
via e-mail.  

> Thanks, and again, overall my compliments on your production.
> 

Thank you Kevin.  With the feedback we get from purchasers like you, we 
can make the changes you all desire.

Enjoy,

Manuel Coats
LIGHTSPEED

--
Manuel Coats <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]